Skills Select - 189 or 190 ?

coastie

Hi. I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. The PIO search doesn't work with numbers for some reason.

I submitted my WA State Sponsorship application last week or so for 190 Visa. In the meantime, I've received an invite for a 189 Visa.

In the old days (pre Skillselect) the state sponsored applicants were processed alot quicker. 6 months instead of 18 months. With skillselect is this still the case? I've seen plenty of state sponsored guys getting COs allocated and visa grants very quickly but can't find timescales for the 189 guys.

I'm not sure now to either (a) apply for 189 and potentially wait longer for the visa or (b) hang on for state sponsorship and get processes quicker.

Any ideas?

Hey I'm not sure on precise timelines but I have heard it definitely doesn't take 18 months. I heard that CO will get allocation in 8 weeks time. I too received invite for 189 on 14th Oct and lodged VISA today and got ack as well today. It all depends on how desperate your to get VISA. Some people who are already on work permits or bridging visas doesn't mind waiting and same is the case with me. Anyway good luck to you.

Archived