Bad experiences

blobby1000

Perth was awful

We would find properties on internet and call agent, either they were already gone and not taken off or an open house had not been arranged and they could not tell you when.Sometimes they expected you to wait a week to see a property that turned out to be a sh*thole and you would not live in it anyway.

Managed to see some but there would be loads of people all waiting to see them, a lot looked totally different from the photos, obviously taken years ago, some on the net did not have many photos and when you saw them you would see the reason why!!

Some of the rents were extortionate for the crap holes they were renting out. The bank interest rate is the same all over Australia so what gives the robbing Perth landlords the right to charge sometimes double what you would pay for a much better property somewhere else - because there is such a shortage they get away with it.

I have got to be fair and say there was some really nice houses at reasonable rents in Secret Harbour etc but no way could I live there, it felt like it had been just plonked down in the middle of nowhere. There must be some decent places around and I think one of the mistakes we made was sticking to the most popular areas for Poms, around Joondalup area, and all up the train line going north.

Guest guest71686

last saturday we viewed a flat that we liked and the agent told us to apply monday as he wouldn't accept applications that day.

monday morning 10am we sent our application and was told it had already gone!!!

The bank interest rate is the same all over Australia so what gives the robbing Perth landlords the right to charge sometimes double what you would pay for a much better property somewhere else - because there is such a shortage they get away with it. .

I look at some of these threads about Perth rents (like one this morning) and think - wow. Try Sydney. $400-$500 doesn't get you anything over here. In lots of suburbs the starting point for a family house is somewhere over $1000 a week. In the most expensive suburbs like Mosman, Woollahra, Vaucluse etc you're probably looking at close to double that

i agree reagarding the open home times, you have to go when they say and apply then and their, if not its gone and tough, they dont work for you or with you, its against you the whole way

Our agents are the worst, so unprofessional, rude and genrally nasty pieces of work

We got one set of keys for a 2 bed apartment and had to bare the cost of getting new ones cut at 150bucks a pop!

they lied about if we could have pets (ie there was a cat there when we viewed and the guy said twice yes pets are fine, day before we move in they say no pets and we never said we could have pets, even though we had witnesses to this being said), they dont return emails or phone calls, they refused to help when a window broke, when the cooker broke, they turn up at any time day or night to inspect the place with only a days notice, oh and the rate they go through agents is insane, ive never spoken or seen the same person twice !

makes me so angry, how are they still in buisness !

We are dreading leaving our apartment at the end of the year as we know they will try and screw us over as they have done for the last 18 months

Id never rent again to be frank, its pushed me into buying a house

Archived