What if you want to stay after your 2nd WHV???

Guest bry

Me and my mate are coming over in 2013 on a WHV, with the intention of qualifying to stay permanently. The idea was to qualify for our 2nd year WHV whilst at the same time looking for a full time jobs where they will sponsor us for a ESW. But what happens if we can't find that and our 2nd year WHV expires??

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated :)

You have to leave Aus and go back under another visa usually. Beware trying to stay on on a tourist visa or trying to head straight back there on one as they may think this suspect if you've just ended a whv.

ESW-Employer Sponsored Workers.

So basically while we're there we need to be trying to find someone to sponsor us so we can come back under a sponsored visa?

ESW-Employer Sponsored Workers.

So basically while we're there we need to be trying to find someone to sponsor us so we can come back under a sponsored visa?

Well, sort of, you won't be 'coming back' so to speak. If you get a sponsor then you just stay. If you haven't got one by the time you have to leave chances are that you won't get a sponsor at all.

What are you hoping to be sponsored as?

Im a Gas Safe registered engineer in England, but my qualifications don't transfer over :( I was just going to see what sort of jobs they have going in the gas industry if not i'd be happy to retrain doing something else if there would be a company prepared to train me. My mate's a qualified joiner so i would of thought he'd be fine, apparently there's a lot of demand for that trade

• 4 months later...

Archived