uk police checks

holsop22

Hi all,

Hope someone out there can help us,we have been in oz for 16 months on a 457 visa and are now about to apply for a RENS.

My question is how do we go about getting uk police checks? the form says you have to provide tw0 proofs of official correspondence showing name and address both dated within the last six months? How can i do that when ive been living in oz? also we need to pay by uk cheque,postal order or bankers draft,we do not have a uk cheque book so what do we do???

Sorry if this is all mumbo jumbo but we are totally confused,please help!!!!!:arghh:

Hi all,

Hope someone out there can help us,we have been in oz for 16 months on a 457 visa and are now about to apply for a RENS.

My question is how do we go about getting uk police checks? the form says you have to provide tw0 proofs of official correspondence showing name and address both dated within the last six months? How can i do that when ive been living in oz? also we need to pay by uk cheque,postal order or bankers draft,we do not have a uk cheque book so what do we do???

Sorry if this is all mumbo jumbo but we are totally confused,please help!!!!!:arghh:

From the Acro website

http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificate_FAQs.aspx

I live abroad and cannot prove my UK addresses, what can I do?

If you live abroad you do not have to prove your UK addresses. You only have to prove your current address and inform us of your previous UK addresses over the past TEN years.

I too am British but living in the US (for the last 4 years). So I need both UK ACRO and US FBI background checks.

I submitted a copy of my car insurance from the US and home renters insurance, I sent it to my mum back home to write the check for 45 GBP.

If you have paypal, maybe you can paypal a friend back home for them to write a bank check for you and just mail your documents to your friend or family member, and remember you need someone to ceritify a passport picture (just like applying for a passport...."I.....certifiy that this is a true likeness of .....signed and dated"

Archived