189 Rejection: To All Invitees

Guest yafetberhe

Guest yafetberhe

Hi All,

To those of you who've received 189 invitations (even those with 190s would do well to read on), how sure do you guys and girls think that we'll get visas? The DIAC make it a point to remind us that despite what the states or SkillSelect say, it's our respective COs that will decide whether we're "worthy" of a visa.

I'm at the brink in the sense that I'm just about ready to submit my 189 and I've stopped just short of handing over the small fortune. Maybe it's the risk of rejection that scares me. Perhaps I just answered my own question?

I've asked something similar to this back when we were dealing with the 175s and 176s. But having searched Poms for 189 rejection subjects without any results, I'd like to get people talking about this.

Yafet

It is not like applying for a job, well not once past the EOI step anyway. After then, you either meet the criteria, in which case you will get the visa, or you do not. You should know before you apply whether you meet the criteria or not and so be able to derisk the possibility of being turned down at that later stage.

Guest yafetberhe
It is not like applying for a job, well not once past the EOI step anyway. After then, you either meet the criteria, in which case you will get the visa, or you do not. You should know before you apply whether you meet the criteria or not and so be able to derisk the possibility of being turned down at that later stage.

I'm assuming that when you say "criteria" you're referring to claims made by one who submits an EOI as well as the requirements outlined under the 189 summary on the SkillSelect webpage. In that case, yes I do meet the claims and requirements. I just believed that this was all hoops they made us jump through in order to weed out those who weren't qualified.

It is nice to receive an invite though. Certainly puts some of my fears to rest...

Archived