14 and moving to Australia- help?

BeccaLilly

Hello there :)

I'm 14, and my dad has been working abroad since I was 11, so my family decided to have him closer to home with a better job and better quality of life, we'd move to Australia.

I don't know much about life there, so I'm a bit reluctant to go, so it would be nice if I could get the advantages/disadvantages of moving there from the UK.

We're planning to move to somewhere in New South Wales.

Also, I go to a grammar school, is that going to affect whether or not I'll be put back a year like I've been told I would be? It's supposedly a higher level of schooling in the UK, but I don't know whether that matters or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, my name is deonne and I'm 17 and I moved here last year in september. It is understandable that you are reluctant to go I was as well but I assure you, that you will love life here.You mentioned you would like to have the advantages and disadvantages about living here:Disadvantages- well there are only really 3 and that's missing family and friends and the education system is very behind, but because of your age that shouldn't really affect you.As for advantages there are many. If you have any questions or want me to expand on anything I have said just email me :) hope everything goes okay, good luck, just remember that its an amazing life you will gain from this move. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! We've had a lot of talks about going so hopefully the transition from here to AUS will be easy enough. We don't have much family around England, so it's not too bad on that part but I will miss my friends but I suppose I'll make new ones :) I'll email you if I have any problems/questions then, thanks alot! :)

Hi beccalilly

My daughter is 14 and we are moving to nsw. She too is apprehensive and also concerned about the schooling. She has posted on here before and received some very positive replies. She is on facebook if you want to get in touch with her just let me know. Good luck for your move I'm sure you will enjoy the adventure.

• 1 month later...
Guest Amy Davidson

hiya there im amy im 14 and i just moved to here about 7 weeks ago to redlands i moved for my dads job aswell! great advantage is the sun! x