Experiences in trying to land first job in Oz - Please share! Especially accountants!

AlloVera

Hi All,

The day that we get our visas granted is in sight and now I feel like the real planning starts! The thing that plays on my mind the most is finding employment once I get out to Brisbane next year and I wondered if people would share their experiences on here so I can get a feel of what to expect.

I am a qualified accountant with around 6 years experience working for two very large corporates and so far have progressed every 1-2 yrs within my profession. I've never been out of work so the idea of handing in my notice and taking that leap is terrifying, but as I have no children yet I feel like this is the time to do it.

What do you think?

Big thanks :)

Hey,

I am in the same boat as you. I cant answer your question as I am still in the UK and hope to head out to brisbane next year. Personally i think the more experience you have the better your chances of landing a job. I just completed a masters degree in engineering, but only have about a year and 4 mths experience, so most of the jobs i am limited to are graduate ones and so far still nothing. I see myself landing in brisbane jobless, but like so many others i hope to find work at least within 2 mths of landing, before i go broke, but time will only tell..............

Archived