189 or 489 Visa?

Jonnyenglish

Hello folks,

I am less then a week from receiving my skills assessment from AITSL which seems to be taking the full 10 weeks which they stipulate. As long as it comes back positive, which it should do, I will then lodge my EOI.

I will then have 60 points for a 189 (independent) visa and 70 points for a 489 (family sponsored) visa.

My quandary is whether I should just hedge my bets and apply for both visas or take a risk and apply just for the 189 visa?

As opposed to the 189 which offers immediate PR status, the 489 visa appears quite restrictive and I will not be able to obtain PR for a minimum of two years once I migrate.

The occupation ceiling for "Secondary School Teacher" which is my nominated profession is quite high at 7020. The minimum number of points required for the small number of 189 and 489 visas issued since SkillSelect started has already fallen to 70, therefore there is a possibility I could obtain a 189 visa with 60 points before the occupation ceiling for my nominated profession is reached.

Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

Guest thilinar8

hey!!!!!!!!

i think better you go ahead with 70 Points!!!!!!!

its not do any harm if you provide EOI with both Visa class such as 189 and 489_Family sponsored

most probably you will have more chnace for 70 points since september 1st invitation round many got with invited for 70 Points

cheers

Archived