Electrical Fitter License Granted...

Hi fellow sparkies...

Here is a little advise on the long drawn out license process I have just completed...

Applied for migration to Oz and granted Electician Special Class..Worked as a sparky for 20 years in Uk, manufacturing and power industry...

Arrived in Oz..Applied for ARTC....Granted Electrical Fitter ARTC after technical interview...

Employed as TA and applied for Electrical permit to work supervised while attending RTO (TAFE)..Granted..

Attended TAFE for techncal interview at a cost of $275...Given Australian wiring rules book, self paced work book, Queensland electrical codes of practice and safety regs book..

Worked through self paced work book and recorded all work done on job...

7 Months later....Carried out exam at TAFE...4 Hour theory on wiring rules, code of practicxe etc..Then 2 hr practical, wiring DOL, Testing, Disconnect&Reconnect etc...Cost $1800

TAFE sends completion statement to licensing board once workbook and recorded jobs are received...

Carry out CPR and LVR course $200..

Sent of for license...Granted...

Hope this helps....Any questions drop us a line....:biggrin:

Hi fellow sparkies...

Here is a little advise on the long drawn out license process I have just completed...

Applied for migration to Oz and granted Electician Special Class..Worked as a sparky for 20 years in Uk, manufacturing and power industry...

Arrived in Oz..Applied for ARTC....Granted Electrical Fitter ARTC after technical interview...

Employed as TA and applied for Electrical permit to work supervised while attending RTO (TAFE)..Granted..

Attended TAFE for techncal interview at a cost of $275...Given Australian wiring rules book, self paced work book, Queensland electrical codes of practice and safety regs book..

Worked through self paced work book and recorded all work done on job...

7 Months later....Carried out exam at TAFE...4 Hour theory on wiring rules, code of practicxe etc..Then 2 hr practical, wiring DOL, Testing, Disconnect&Reconnect etc...Cost $1800

TAFE sends completion statement to licensing board once workbook and recorded jobs are received...

Carry out CPR and LVR course $200..

Sent of for license...Granted...

Hope this helps....Any questions drop us a line....:biggrin:

I bet you're glad that's over!

I have done the SA licence route after getting the fitter artc. I Hope to try and get work in qld with this or convert it to a qld fitters licence. Arriving on the 12th of September and will be looking for work in the brisban area ASAP, just wondered what kind of work you managed to secure and if there is much work about at the moment?

Congratulations on the licence

• 5 months later...

HI there.

Thanks for all the info....

Was wandering if you can give some more info on the technical interveiw? I applied for my ARTC as an electrical fitter and they have just come back requesting a technical interveiw.

What can i expect from the interveiw? Is there some theory i should brush up on? What sort of questions are you getting asked?

Any advise would be helpful. I just want to get my ARTC approved now. This is my second application, the 1st didnt have sufficient work history ( by 3 months), i did not realise that the month between each 3 jobs would be counted so strictly against me. Im busy working at the moment as a power station operator but desperately want to be recodnised as a sparky here in Aus.

Thanks again