Insurance

Proview220

Have you had a quote from Insure Your Move you will find them a lot cheaper than the others.

Kate, I have already insured my stuff with them, however, I was just wondering what amount people insure their stuff for £20,000 £30,000 £40,000 and so on, I suppose it depends on how much stuff you have, but there must be an average in value per house hold.

Guest The Pom Queen

There are online calculators that will tell you a rough guide to what your contents are worth. We had been under insuring until we did one of these it was quite a shock how much by.

Guest Guest62720

I am Director of Insure-Your-Move.com

We are of the opinion no two shipments are alike and caution should be exerted when using any on-line valuation calculator. Only the owner of the goods can really provide the sum insured as they will only know as to the quality of the contents and if there are any valuable collections, work tools, antiques etc within the shipment.

We are often asked this question but deliberately shy away from offering an answer as we are not valuers not do we know the quality of the goods being shipped. If we said the average value was £ 20k and then the goods were totally destroyed, insurers pay out £ 20k but the customer cannot fully replace all the goods as they were under-insured, then who's door would they be knocking on for offering poor advice ?

We suggest, by all means, use these calculators as a rough base to start off with but use them with caution and then build up from this.

Archived