Guest makygon

Guest makygon

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so I don't know if this question has been answered already, I have been browsing the topics for a bit but haven't found anything, but I see you have helped many people gain some peace of mind, and I will be very grateful if someone could answer my questions.

I came to SA on a 119 visa on April/2011. I have been working for my sponsor until July/2012. I have made a personal effort to remain with them but due to them not being able to afford my full time hours anymore and impending selling of the business I don't work for them anymore. I have gather my information about the posibility of cancellation of my PR (thanks to this forum and through an IL friend), but here are some questions I couldn't find an answer for regarding finding and applying for a new job:

- Do I have to let them know on the interview about my special circumstances?

- If a prospective employer asks my permission to check my work rights/visa status through V.E.V.O., what information can they see? can they see I am still suppossed to be on my 2 year contract with my sponsor? Can they reject my job application because of this?

- I was granted the visa in a cook position (I have been a cook since I was 18 to pay for my studies), but 7 months after my visa was granted I finish an academic degree on science. Is it possible to take a new job on this or do I have to remain a cook until the 2 year period expires?

I have been looking for a new job since July but haven't been lucky so far. Got only one interview and when asked if I had PR and when I arrived to Australia, the interviewer didn't seem to believe me.

thanks in advance for the responses.

Cheers

Welcome to PIO.

1. No, what special circumstances?

2. You can check VEVO yourself to see what they see.

3. The 2 year period was with your employer - not the visa.

It may be worth running your case past a registered migration agent - in case you run in to any issues with immigration regarding not staying with your employer for the 2 year period. But as you stayed over 1 year - and it was they employer was not able to give you work, it might be ok. Speak to a RMA to be sure.

Guest makygon
Welcome to PIO.

1. No, what special circumstances?

2. You can check VEVO yourself to see what they see.

3. The 2 year period was with your employer - not the visa.

It may be worth running your case past a registered migration agent - in case you run in to any issues with immigration regarding not staying with your employer for the 2 year period. But as you stayed over 1 year - and it was they employer was not able to give you work, it might be ok. Speak to a RMA to be sure.

thanks for your answer,

with special circumstances what I mean is, in the case I get an interview for a new job, if I have to let them know about what's happening, why i am looking for a job when I should be with my sponsor.

Yes, I already talked to a RMA about what can happen when you leave your sponsor, but my questions are about what happens next, when you try to find a new employer as a PR, but still in the 2 years period

Personally I wouldn't tell them about what happened with your previous employer, maybe just reason why you left if it came up - i.e. not enough work. You are a PR which is all they need to know. If you have discussed your case with a RMA and DIAC have not contacted you about your old employer (don't contact them). I reckon if you are still working in a regional area it would be less likely to experience any problems.

You need to work to live - its not your fault that your old employer didn't stick to their side of the contract that there would be work for you for 2 years.