How much to transport one dog?

Guest ANDY101

Guest ANDY101

Hi guys

I've just had a rough quote of £2500 to transport our labrador cross to Melbourne. Good thing I was sitting down. Can this be right? Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Andy

Guest Nelson

Who was the quote from? The guy from Golden Arrow is based near to me and has an excellent reputation.. The quote isn't too far off though, I think!

Guest ANDY101

Yes it was from Golden Arrow. I think that part of the shock is the process of putting together an estimate of total emigration costs (including renting for the first 6 months). It would appear to be about £15,000. BLIMEY!

Guest Boomer

My dog Boomer is costing £2,500 to Brisbane but this includes a $500 flight from Sydney as there are no quaratine facilities in Brissie. If Melbourne has them it would be cheaper. I am using Par Air and they have been very good answering any questions, etc

Nick

Guest Hayley

Hi, we are taking our staffie and were quoted 1800.00 from golden arrow, so your quote was probaly right. The cheapest we got was from jets4pets. (1600.00) They have a website and you can get a quote on there. I tried every company that came up on a google search . Our immigration also told us about golden arrow, they seem to have a good rep.

The most expensive is 4500.00 (think i'd leave him in England for that!!)

On top of your quote remember youve got to pay the quarenting costs which are roughly 800.00 aud$ and for the injections blood tests in the uk.

We are hopefully going to Melourne too.

Hayley :D

Archived