Please help - 15 year old girl not wanting to move!

Guest Karenadam

Guest Karenadam

Hi guys, got a great opportunity to move to Perth for the start on the next school year. Only problem my 15 year old is adamant she is not going. Any advice would be so grateful at this moment. She is into the rock band scene.

Thanks. Karen.

Im exactly the same, 15 into rock music! haha! my parents told me a while ago, im movng with my mum and not my dad, obviusly he is upset about that! I have got used to the idea of moving, but we are moving to the goldcoast instead, im moving in a year! And everytime i go to tell someone about it they say "you have to go, although we will miss you! Its better to try something, rather than gowing up and wondering what its like!"

Hello Karen,

I was 15 a few months back and last year my mum and dad told me that we was moving to melbourne, australia. i didnt want to go, i didnt want to leave all my friends and family. its is a great oppituunity for her and at the moment i am loving it i have been here a month now. everyone at school are so friendly and to be honest love the english accent :) i am 99% positive she will love it :) i didnt think i would enjoy it but i do and she can always go on holiday to see her old friends :)

feel free to let her message me and ill speak to her :)

meggymoo12

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Taylor72

Hi Karen

We've been in oz twelve months now and my daughter was 16 when we moved. She hated the very thought of the move and said we were ruining her life. I have to say she tried every trick in the book not to move here and gave us a very bumpy emotional ride at the beginning. 12 months on she is embracing life so much and although is struggling with the education system, loves her life here. She actually says now that if we thought she put up a fight to come here she would fight us so much harder to stay. The turn around is amazing,both my kids are doing good at school andlove our lifestyle here, which is a million times different from UK. Don't get me wrong its been a roller coaster but we are happy. She will come round with time, good luck xx Annette x