vetassess - skills

poppops

Guest JK2510

My OH had his air con skills assessed by vetassess in 2008...that shows DIAC that you are competent in your said skills....now OHs uk NVQ skills aren't recognised by the licensing companies...he has had to visit a RPL person at a campus to go through all of his evidence..certificates,work history statements,payslips basically anything that shows he has been working in his trade for at least 7 yrs...he has to sit 2 tests at a cost of $600 without some of his evidence he would of had to attend tafe for 1 yr one evening a week...so very lucky bit of a nightmare still....especially as the man he saw teaches air con to students and he admitted his skills are far more technical than what he knows and teaches!!

This may vary from trade to trade.

No. VETASSESS simply confirm that your qualifications and experience are appropriate for the claimed skills. Regarding qualifications, contact the qualification board to see if they can be transferred. I have done this myself and fortunately my Chartered qualifications will transfer with Chartered Instutute Of Building being very keen to have me transfer. I am also to apply to Australian institutes nearer the time to become more attractive to local employers.

S

Archived