What's not good about Melbourne

richdownunder

Thanks for understanding what I mean. I have lived in big cities all of my life, hence the reason I think I'm done with them. I think.. you know how it is, people always come back to what's familiar anyhow. Well, I guess that makes my view a biased one. lol

I understand, there have been times in my life that the middle of the city was great, as we go through out lives our needs change. We live on the Peninsula and have horsey places all around us so its very very different from the CBD however we can get to the CBD in an hour, that is the beauty of living here.

One of my oh Aunts lived in Edinburgh all her life in a tenement type building, she absolutely hated the countryside and could not wait to get back to the bricks and mortar territory. We are all different and that is why its so hard on a forum such as this giving people advice on areas. We know nothing about people and hence we base it on our experience and our eyes which are probably entirely different.

Its better having a forum though, it would have helped a lot of migrants if it had been available over the years for the first waves of migrants.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive stayed with friends in Sunbury, which i must say is in a good spot a short commute to the city and close to the airport but not too close that it becomes annoying, plenty of shops and schools and great things to do all within reach. I like it so much im hoping to stay out there. but either way gd luck

Archived