How long do you get, before having to pay the balance with a 143 Contributory Parent Visa ?

Anne1947

Hi.

We are waiting on a Visa 143, having paid the 2,000 dollars with the applicatiion. We are asking if anyone could tell us, how long after you have been granted this Visa do you have before the balance has to be paid ?

With the housing market at the moment, its difficult with selling your property. I would hate to think that it has to be paid straight away.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Hi.

We are waiting on a Visa 143, having paid the 2,000 dollars with the applicatiion. We are asking if anyone could tell us, how long after you have been granted this Visa do you have before the balance has to be paid ?

With the housing market at the moment, its difficult with selling your property. I would hate to think that it has to be paid straight away.

Thanks[/quote

The second VAC (and the Assurance of Support) need to be paid before the visa is granted. The processing time for getting a case officer for this visa is currently around 12-14 months. You can spread the cost by applying for the temporary 173 first, which is what we did. You then get two years and you need to apply for the 143 before the two years are up.

Hi.

Thanks[/quote

The second VAC (and the Assurance of Support) need to be paid before the visa is granted. The processing time for getting a case officer for this visa is currently around 12-14 months. You can spread the cost by applying for the temporary 173 first, which is what we did. You then get two years and you need to apply for the 143 before the two years are up.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what did you have to pay fro the 173 ? and do you have to pay again the 2000 dollars for the 143 ?

Thanks for the help.

Archived