Primary School Teacher Desperate to be in WA!

Guest Mrs Cox

Guest Mrs Cox

Hi everyone, never usd a website like this before but seemed full of info (without too much jargon) so thought It was worth asking a question...

I know that Primary School Teacher is not currently on the SOL but is on the CSOL, my mum, dad and sister are now Aussie citizens in WA and I am now married. I am prasuming that the skilled-independent visa is out of the window now but are we able to be sponsored by my parents or is there another way we could emigrate as permanent residents which I have not yet found?

Any advice would be welcomed as it's so confusing with different websites saying different things.

Thanks guys

Welcome to PIO.

As your occupation is on the CSOL, you are not able to go down the family sponsored route, which is now only a provisional visa and your occupation needs to be on SOL 1.

The only route for you is to go for 489 Provisional visa or 190 PR visa but you will require State Nomination. Primary School Teacher is currently on the SA state Migration plan - but how long for?? You should speak to a registered migration agent - and try to get your skills assessment and IELTS done quickly if you want to get State Nomination for 190 visa. I havent looked at the other states to see if they have Primary teacher on there. https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/State%20Nominated%20Occupation%20List%202012-13%20-%202Aug12x.pdf

Also your need to have completed PGCE with 4 years of university study to be eligible - GTC teachers are not accepted in Australia.

What about your husband , would he be eligible for GSM

Guest Mrs Cox

Thanks fir such a quick response. I didn't do a PGCE or GTP, I qualified with a BA in Primary Education with qualified teacher status. How do you get state nomination because it says on the internet that it's by invitation only? My husband is a HGV driver and I haven't seen that at all on any lists.

If you did 4 years of education - Im sure the BA is fine - as long as you have the amount of hours required for supervised teaching practice. Have a look at the AITSL site for the requiremtns for Skills Assessments - I think the turn around is about 10 weeks.

Once you have a positive skills assessment and IELTS (SA require 7's in each band), and you can reach the pass mark of 60, you need to lodge an EOI direct to DIAC, which generates an EOI id. You then apply direct to SA for State Nomination, if your State Nomination is approved - you will get an invitation to apply.

HGV are not on the skillled lists, so you would need to be main applicant if you wish to proceed.

Run your case past a Registered Migration Agent Go Matilda, Visa Buerau have been recommended by other PIO members.

Archived