WA state sponsorship

berries

Good morning everyone.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this.... MY OH and I went to a jobs expo in the UK and attended a seminar by WA gov about state sponsorship. The guys said that as of 1 July this yr 2012, the rules have changed, among the changes were you could nominate an occupation on their list for sponsorship even if you havent any exp in that job. So my question is that if my OH completed his plumbing quals (to what level i dont know NVQ3?) would be able to nom that occupation even though he has never worked as a plumber!

Also he wouldnt actually have to that job in WA just live and work in WA for 2 yrs.

This is what we understood from the expo can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance

Berries x:unsure:

Guest jak2503

i doubt this is true, i really hope its not, im not personally knocking you here but you made it sound so flipant about just becoming a plumber, in the uk to gain a nvq 3 you have to be employed as a plumber and it would take a mininmum of 2-3 years, the level 2 and 3 6129 plumbing qualification is college based and runs along side the nvq, mosts colleges palm this of to part time students who just attend college and then give them the grand title of a plumber, for immigration purposes you would need a minimum of the nvq 3 i would have thought, dont be mislead into spending cash on a qualification thats not going to achieve a result for you. not sure if its still in but i had to do the vettasses for immigration and it involved a trade test in london which im pleased to say weeded out all the chancers, even though it was relativly easy it showed the tradesman from the part time college guys. i hope you find a way out here and good luck to you.

Good morning everyone.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this.... MY OH and I went to a jobs expo in the UK and attended a seminar by WA gov about state sponsorship. The guys said that as of 1 July this yr 2012, the rules have changed, among the changes were you could nominate an occupation on their list for sponsorship even if you havent any exp in that job. So my question is that if my OH completed his plumbing quals (to what level i dont know NVQ3?) would be able to nom that occupation even though he has never worked as a plumber!

Also he wouldnt actually have to that job in WA just live and work in WA for 2 yrs.

This is what we understood from the expo can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance

Berries x:unsure:

I would check about plumbing in oz i am a fully qualified plumber and to work in oz as a plumber is almost impossible unless you take a course there for £XXXX or work for an employer at the lowest level for 5 years until you are recognised for your skills.... Just thought it might be worth you doing some research on this....

Archived