Bridging B visa timeframe

Guest Eternal

Guest Eternal
I went in with the forms all filled out and was issued the visa on the spot.

Hi Blossom79,

Good to hear that! It can be applied at any immigration office, isn't it?

i am in adelaide

Thanks

Guest Eternal
Yes, I got mine in Adelaide. :-)

Do they have the max limit on the number of days one can be offshore ? i mean what is max days BVB can be granted for.

Guest Eternal
Three months from date of issue they told me, then you automatically revert back to A.

He told me I could leave as many times in that three months as I liked, even though I had only asked for 5 days.

Thanks for the reply, sorry i am bombarding u with too many questions.

How many days in advance one can apply before departing?

bcoz i have to go for probably full 3 months and if we have to apply couple of weeks in advance, will that also be counted in those 3 months?

Thanks and best regards

I think you can apply until just before you go, but some people have experienced problems with them not accepting the reason for going away as a good enough reason. I left I think a couple of weeks before just incase of problems. And the three months is from the date you get the visa, so yes, if you go in two weeks before that will eat into your time.

My reason for going by the way was 'for a holiday and to meet up with my best mate who I hadn't seen for three years' and I had no problem, but I was only going for five nights.

Guest Eternal
I think you can apply until just before you go, but some people have experienced problems with them not accepting the reason for going away as a good enough reason. I left I think a couple of weeks before just incase of problems. And the three months is from the date you get the visa, so yes, if you go in two weeks before that will eat into your time.

My reason for going by the way was 'for a holiday and to meet up with my best mate who I hadn't seen for three years' and I had no problem, but I was only going for five nights.

Thanks blossom79

Edited by Eternal

Guest Eternal

What if someone didn't returned before the expiry date can he apply for extension or new one (BVB) from his home country?

Thanks

Guest Eternal
Then you no longer have a bridging visa at all and couldn't come back without organising some sort of visa. Not advisable.

Blossom79, Thanks again for the advise