Who qualifies to nominate an occupation from the new consolidated list ?

Guest Daniel1287

Guest Daniel1287

Hi Guys

I have been doing a fair amount of reading ever since the new consolidated list has come out but still have not figured this one out. I see my occupation (Life Scientist nec) on Schedule 2 of the consolidated occupation list but am not sponsored by any state government or employer. Does that mean that I cannot nominate that occupation and put in an EOI through skillsect ?

Hoping to get some valuable advice from you guys.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi Guys

I have been doing a fair amount of reading ever since the new consolidated list has come out but still have not figured this one out. I see my occupation (Life Scientist nec) on Schedule 2 of the consolidated occupation list but am not sponsored by any state government or employer. Does that mean that I cannot nominate that occupation and put in an EOI through skillsect ?

Hoping to get some valuable advice from you guys.

Cheers,

Daniel

Yes you still can. I don't have SA SS yet - but that is my aim.

Also, you need to get your skills assessed, you upload your letter when you lodge your EOI online.

I don't have either of the above and I lodged an EOI but it is incomplete because I have to upload my ACS skills assessment letter.

Have you checked to see which states have your occupation on their state migration plan??

Guest Daniel1287

Thanks for the reply bubble2005.

I have checked on the State Migration Plans and identified that the Victorian government list has my occupation. However, I do not fulfills their criteria of 2 years relevant work experience. As far as assessment goes, I have a positive skills assessment for Life Scientist nec that I obtained, under an year back, while applying for my temporary 485 visa. However, I have not been lucky enough to get a related job which on the whole confuses my eligibility to put in an EOI. I am currently on the 485 visa and do qualify with 60 points incase I am eligible to put in an EOI.

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived