175 Application and an EOI!

Steph01

Hi everyone,

I have applied on an old 175 and have been waiting 4 years. Does anyone know if I can put in an EOI for a 190 at the same time?

What I thinking of doing is applying for the 190 and if I get asked to submit an application I'll just cancel the old 175. I'm now of the mindset the old cat 5's are never going to be processed so may need to start again but don't want to cancel the old one until I'm in with a new application. I'm sure you all know where I'm going from. I've asked my migration agent but she's not sure.:wacko:

Thanks in advance!

Steph

Is your Migration agent registered??? It is a bit concerning that she cant answer this for you, the fact that she has sat back for 4 years and not tried to get your application processed.

It is up to you but I wouldnt withdraw the 175 application until you get the 190 granted. Before 1 July, if you already had an application lodged and wanted to apply for another visa type you needed to the second application by paper, but this is no longer an option to make paper applications, therefore you may need to withdraw before you apply for the 190.

Hi!

I have 175th application lodged and I asked DIAC for clarification about way of lodgement of 190 application (have got an invitation already).

A quotation from their answer is given below.

You will be able to lodge your 190 visa application online, despite already having previously a 175 visa application online.

Cheers!

Guest melanie79

i think i remember skillselect saying that alright at a talk they were giving at an expo back in feb. but does that mean you would have to pay the visa fee again though?

Hi!

I have 175th application lodged and I asked DIAC for clarification about way of lodgement of 190 application (have got an invitation already).

A quotation from their answer is given below.

Cheers!

Guest melanie79
Unfortunately, yes. I'll have to pay again...

So what do u think you Will do? I seen a post on here that in the last 2weeks they have allocated co's to 2months of 175 visas . Moving from Jan to march applicants. So they are going through them pretty quick now!!!!hopefully not to long for us-we put our visa applications in on the same date!!!!

So what do u think you Will do? I seen a post on here that in the last 2weeks they have allocated co's to 2months of 175 visas . Moving from Jan to march applicants. So they are going through them pretty quick now!!!!hopefully not to long for us-we put our visa applications in on the same date!!!!

I'll go on with 190th. I've got quite a complex situation when waiting is a problem for me. I lose money paying fee once more, but I also lose money in waiting. And unfortunately, there's no quite good estimation about waiting time. Who knows what will happen if DIAC will arrange one more invitation round for 189 in full capacity...

So, I choose the fastest and most predictable (I hope:)) way.

Regards,

Kostya

Hi guys and thanks for your replys. Yes, I am going to put an EOI for a 190 with state sponsership. That would put me in category 3 and they say the new skillselects will be processed within 6 months. Yes, I know they have said all this in the past but I think its worth the risk paying again. I'm fed up waiting in the never ending cat 5.

Kostya, thanks for posting DIAC's reply on this thread, thats made me feel a lot better.

Steph

I'll go on with 190th. I've got quite a complex situation when waiting is a problem for me. I lose money paying fee once more, but I also lose money in waiting. And unfortunately, there's no quite good estimation about waiting time. Who knows what will happen if DIAC will arrange one more invitation round for 189 in full capacity...

So, I choose the fastest and most predictable (I hope:)) way.

Regards,

Kostya

From your timeline you are likely to have a CO for your 175 application before your 190.

If you are short on time you could consider frontloading your Medicals and PCC for your 175 now, so when the CO picks up your case that it will go to direct grant.

Personally I think you are throwing your money away, by lodging another application 6 weeks after the first one.

If you have a job opportunity waiting in Australia - you should consider asking the employer to sponsor you on 457 which can be granted in a week if employer is already a business sponsor.

Why dont you contact DIAC to find out if your 175 has been batched already to go to a CO.

Guest melanie79

hi kotsya!

we lodged our 175's the same date & i have to agree with lebourvellec! our applications have not long gone in but in the space of 2 weeks diac have now allocated case officers for 2 months of applicants. at that rate ours will soon be processed so i think its chucking money away! if you have 60 days to lodge your 190 (i believe you get 60 days right with the new system?) why not wait to lodge your 190 for a while, get the pcc's and medicals done and frontload them for the 175. then if you dont hear anything towards the end of the 60 days lodge the 190. well thats what i think i would do- just to save myself money as i think the timeframe is going to be the same for both visas to be processed. anyway good luck with whichever route you decide & keep us updated!!!

mel

hi kotsya!

we lodged our 175's the same date & i have to agree with lebourvellec! our applications have not long gone in but in the space of 2 weeks diac have now allocated case officers for 2 months of applicants. at that rate ours will soon be processed so i think its chucking money away! if you have 60 days to lodge your 190 (i believe you get 60 days right with the new system?) why not wait to lodge your 190 for a while, get the pcc's and medicals done and frontload them for the 175. then if you dont hear anything towards the end of the 60 days lodge the 190. well thats what i think i would do- just to save myself money as i think the timeframe is going to be the same for both visas to be processed. anyway good luck with whichever route you decide & keep us updated!!!

mel

Hi Melanie!

Thanks a lot for good wishes!

Decided to go on with 190th. Have lodged it already :biggrin:. Really in rush because of work - I had to disclose my immigration plans and that in turn leaded to my close dismissal. Besides of that there are some other facts that make me do everything to speed up the process.

All the best and speedy CO allocation and further processing!

Regards,

Kostya

Sorry guys I forgot to say I'm applying for the 190 now as I've been waiting 4 years on my 175 and am in cat 5. I've not put my 175 in just recently!

Think I am going to do the same thing, sick of waiting in the Cat5 queue of death! Steph01 did you have to do a skills assessment again?

Yes, because the skills assessment was done more than 2 years ago you have to do it again. You also have to do the ielts again. I have to say A4Ron I think it's the only way we are going to get a visa. This time I'm also going for state sponsership.

What is annoying me is that DIAC have stated that us old Cat5'ers can change visa class and priority by applying for state sponsorship, but no state is going to sponsor an old visa class anyway!!

I know that is annoying but applications that were lodged before July 2010 were always able to change subclass if they got SS. You had plenty time to get it changed over before the changes on 1 Jul 2012

• 1 month later...

Archived