transferring money to Brisbane

Guest christinestewart41

Guest christinestewart41

Hi

I'm emigrating to Brisbane in a few weeks and I want to transfer a large amount of money. I've looked at money corp but not signed up to anyone, im looking for advice and recommendations from ex pats who have dont it asap :confused: to get the best financial transfer I can

Hi

I'm emigrating to Brisbane in a few weeks and I want to transfer a large amount of money. I've looked at money corp but not signed up to anyone, im looking for advice and recommendations from ex pats who have dont it asap :confused: to get the best financial transfer I can

You hit the nail on the head with Moneycorp. I used them a couple of years ago and they were great. once set up with a pass number you can have all sorts of rate alerts sent directly to your desktop. You can also lock a rate in for up to two years in advance if you pay into your account 25% of the total.

There is also HIFX which I have used in the past, also fine but personally I found Moneycorp to be spot on.

HIFX have a better rate at the minute than Moneycorp, but you will pay for transfers under £3000. There's quite a few of them. You should set up accounts with the likes of Ozforex, HIFX, Moneycorp and then check each rate and transfer with the best rate you're getting on the day. Patience is the key here. I am waiting until I can wait no more. I really can't see it getting any worse than it is, so hopefully there'll be a bit of an upturn before I go in 7 weeks!

Guest GeorgeD
HIFX have a better rate at the minute than Moneycorp, but you will pay for transfers under £3000. There's quite a few of them. You should set up accounts with the likes of Ozforex, HIFX, Moneycorp and then check each rate and transfer with the best rate you're getting on the day.

Yup, get the accounts set up now before you transfer. They're usually free to open. There's usually a bit of paperwork needed (ID, proof of address, etc) so organise that before you need to, and as Missus B says, check who gives you the most money at the time you want to transfer it.

Archived