A question from my friend who is working in ICT Sales

bubbe2005

She's currently on her 9th month on her 457 visa, she has a positive VETASSESS skills assessment for her ICT Sales occupation, but she has been advised that because her occupation is not on the SOL but is on the CSOL, she cannot apply for PR. Also, she is in VIC and VIC does not have her occupation on their SMP.

The chances of asking her employer for PR sponsorship are slim to none.

Can she not apply for SA SS (they have her occupation on their SMP) then lodge her EOI then hope to be invited for PR? If no, please explain, I have been trying to research for her but I cannot seem to find the information that says she cannot apply for SA SS then lodge and EOI then hope to be invited to PR.

Might work, could be tough though to convice SA that she really intends on relocating there. I don't know about SA but VIC requires you to either live in or have a job offer from Victoria when applying onshore.

So for SA, when submitted an application for SS, how do you really prove your intent on living and working in the state? She will have to secure a lease rental in SA AND must have a valid job offer in SA?

So for SA, when submitted an application for SS, how do you really prove your intent on living and working in the state? She will have to secure a lease rental in SA AND must have a valid job offer in SA?

12.2.4 Onshore applicants may be required to provide evidence of South Australian residence and that their employment experience has been primarily achieved in South Australian

As I said, they are probably aware that the skill in question is not in VIC's list and might suspect "SOL shopping".

12.2.4 Onshore applicants may be required to provide evidence of South Australian residence and that their employment experience has been primarily achieved in South Australian

As I said, they are probably aware that the skill in question is not in VIC's list and might suspect "SOL shopping".

hmm yeh i read that also.

I guess I'll get her to move here with me for a while and apply OFFSHORE - anything wrong with that?

Archived