Visa 190 Lodgment Query

Guest winamp

Guest winamp

Hi All

I am in a scenario, I am almost good to go to lodge the 190 Visa, Have successful Skills (Computer systems and network Engineer), Vic SS, and Invite to apply.

With regard to my ACS approval letter, I never got a definitive breakdown as to what percentage of my experience they deem is highly relevant, relevant or somewhat relevant?

I have used 10 points for work experience, 5pts for Australia (1 year) and 5pts for work experience in my home country (4 years). So in total my EOI was submitted with 60 points

How do I know in this Visa application process, things will not change based on my case officers views?

Personally I feel what I have deemed as highly relevant, is, but that's not for me to decide.

Finally I am from a English speaking country and have not managed to get clear of all 7 in the IELTS, so I am hoping that my points are sufficient?

Any thoughts....

Guest winamp
You need to show that you have all the points that you have cliaimed for. ACS give an opinion on how much work experiance you have - did they say you had the 4 years that you are claiming for?

good luck.

Ok So I submitted all my references.

In total 3 permanent jobs from home (Totaling 5.5 years)

4 various contract roles from Oz (All Fixed temp - Total almost 12 months)

When I got the letter back it didn't state that I had 6.5 years experience in total, it had all the jobs, not once missing on the letter?

I am trying to figure out weather they have deemed everything listed as 100% relavant experience?

I have read other forums and people seem to get a number of years relavant experience.

Nobody seems to have the answer to this?

In total 3 permanent jobs from home (Totaling 5.5 years)

4 various contract roles from Oz (All Fixed temp - Total almost 12 months)

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but if you claim 5 points for 1 year Australian experience you will need 12 month, not almost 12 month.

Guest winamp
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but if you claim 5 points for 1 year Australian experience you will need 12 month, not almost 12 month.

I agree with you there.

It was something like 11 months and one week

When I submitted my EOI and gave all the specific dates from Oz, it came back say you have 5 points for Australia.

I know its nothing to go by, but at the end of the day thats what the system responded with?

Is there a chance it would be rounded off?

Hi!

You must have gotten a letter from DIAC with contact details of person who was assigned to support you because of new system’s rules… For me, it was a person from team 5.

I had some queries and she answered quickly (same day).

So, if you have a similar letter from DIAC (you should) I recommend you to ask this contact person directly. Otherwise you take a significant risk because they wrote that DIAC will ban those people who gave incorrect info in their EOIs.

Regards,

Kostya.

I agree with you there.

It was something like 11 months and one week

When I submitted my EOI and gave all the specific dates from Oz, it came back say you have 5 points for Australia.

I know its nothing to go by, but at the end of the day thats what the system responded with?

Is there a chance it would be rounded off?

I would speak to a RMA, it may be an error in they system. But people have been refused visas before for not having the full year of work experience.

Guest winamp
I would speak to a RMA, it may be an error in they system. But people have been refused visas before for not having the full year of work experience.

ok thanks for the heads up!

I have done this full application myself, i guess a RMA would charge a small fortune for that small bit of advice?

Guest winamp

Hi Kostya,

Thanks for the advice, I did in fact get an email and have already contacted it.

The persons advice was vague, saying that they could not really answer any questions related to the main application, instead it was up to the case office assigned to me.

So back to square one really. I'll call the ACS company later tonight and figure out where I stand with my experience.

After that I may have more solid info as to where I am going cause now Im not sure where my experience lies not to mind falling short of it in cases!

Thanks

Hi!

You must have gotten a letter from DIAC with contact details of person who was assigned to support you because of new system’s rules… For me, it was a person from team 5.

I had some queries and she answered quickly (same day).

So, if you have a similar letter from DIAC (you should) I recommend you to ask this contact person directly. Otherwise you take a significant risk because they wrote that DIAC will ban those people who gave incorrect info in their EOIs.

Regards,

Kostya.

Guest melanie79

hi,

i know when i got my skills assessment back they listed the employment dates down. i took leave of absence for a year and went to oz but didnt include the work i did in oz as it didnt amount to 12 months or over so i didnt claim the 5 points. i claimed 15points for length of employment thinking i had over 9 years,(well i do) but when i added up my years of service in employment that my skills assessment had approved it worked out 8 years & a week (so i can still clain the 15 points but only just!!!) so dont be fooled as even though ive been working 9 years plus, the year in oz doesnt count as it was just under a year. be really careful when working out your points is my advice! i could have easily kissed goodbye to my visa fee if it wasnt for that extra week!!! best of luck, mel

Guest winamp
hi,

i know when i got my skills assessment back they listed the employment dates down. i took leave of absence for a year and went to oz but didnt include the work i did in oz as it didnt amount to 12 months or over so i didnt claim the 5 points. i claimed 15points for length of employment thinking i had over 9 years,(well i do) but when i added up my years of service in employment that my skills assessment had approved it worked out 8 years & a week (so i can still clain the 15 points but only just!!!) so dont be fooled as even though ive been working 9 years plus, the year in oz doesnt count as it was just under a year. be really careful when working out your points is my advice! i could have easily kissed goodbye to my visa fee if it wasnt for that extra week!!! best of luck, mel

Thanks for the heads up, great advice!!

Just curious as to why you had to be so worried about getting so many points for experience as you already had some from IELTS...

I know you applied in the old system but you still needed only 65 points?

you obviously still have not received you residency....

Guest melanie79
Thanks for the heads up, great advice!!

Just curious as to why you had to be so worried about getting so many points for experience as you already had some from IELTS...

I know you applied in the old system but you still needed only 65 points?

you obviously still have not received you resid but march ency....

No pr yet. Still waiting on a co. But march applicants are getting co's now, im June so hopefully not too long. For me, i thought the points would be a

breeze. With my age, education, work experience etc, but when i sat down and added it up,

skilled employment: 15 points (8 years & over overseas)

education qualification 15 points (degree)

i was shocked to see i only had 55 points. I had to sit the ielts to get the extra 10 points to make the 65 points pass mark!

Guest winamp
hi,

Thanks for the advice,

Just curious as to why you were so concerned at getting 15 points from experience when you already secured points under the IELTS

How long have you been waiting for your Visa now.

I understand you did get it lodged before the new Skill Select system came in!

Rgds

Fergal

Guest winamp
Thanks for the advice,

Just curious as to why you were so concerned at getting 15 points from experience when you already secured points under the IELTS

How long have you been waiting for your Visa now.

I understand you did get it lodged before the new Skill Select system came in!

Rgds

Fergal

Sorry ignore that message

Best of luck with your waiting for the Visa!!

Guest melanie79

ok will do!

but make sure your clear when working out your own points that you actually have them and not over calculating. id hate for anyone to submit an application mistaking they had enough points & didnt and then losing their fee because of it. its stressful enough this visa process!!! best of luck with your plans too!!

mel

Sorry ignore that message

Best of luck with your waiting for the Visa!!

Archived