Air Mauritius / stop over

sally04

I flew Air Mauritius a couple of years ago and wouldn't do again. Small rickety old planes so it was therefore a longer flight than necessary; the staff were not overly polite and scolded us for trying to stretch our legs in the isle and it was not even food serving time. They were slow with water between meal times. Perhaps it had improved since then.

Mauritius is indeed a lovely place. It is a lot like the Caribbean in many respects in so much as it is quite poor and grim when you leave the beautiful beaches / resorts.

Unless drinks / food are included in the hotel package it will prove to be very expensive. Around 10 euros for a glass of wine where I stayed. (Prince Maurice) When playing golf they won't let you play unless you hire a caddy or a cart which again isn't cheap. My hotel food was fabulous and the service was generally good. There is a coral reef so it is safe to swim.

Millie x

I flew Air Mauritius a couple of years ago and wouldn't do again. Small rickety old planes so it was therefore a longer flight than necessary; the staff were not overly polite and scolded us for trying to stretch our legs in the isle and it was not even food serving time. They were slow with water between meal times. Perhaps it had improved since then.

Mauritius is indeed a lovely place. It is a lot like the Caribbean in many respects in so much as it is quite poor and grim when you leave the beautiful beaches / resorts.

Unless drinks / food are included in the hotel package it will prove to be very expensive. Around 10 euros for a glass of wine where I stayed. (Prince Maurice) When playing golf they won't let you play unless you hire a caddy or a cart which again isn't cheap. My hotel food was fabulous and the service was generally good. There is a coral reef so it is safe to swim.

Millie x

Thanks for sharing your experiences! It's important to me that we fly with a child friendly airline as we will have a toddler in tow!

Archived