Best time to travel to Ausralia

hannielc

Myself and my boyfriend have decided to move to Oz next year, we will be on a working holiday visa but hoping to find sponsorship from permanent jobs and stay forever :)We are going to be ready to head over anytime from June 2013 but we wondered if there's a time of year which is best to aim for, when most jobs are available, when flights are cheapest or even when the weather is best? What advise would you give?Thanks!

There are jobs available all year round in the agriculture field i.e. fruit-picking, pruning etc and there are web-sites to help you if this is of interest. As far as cheaper flight are concerned I would avoid the UK summer holidays and look at trying to come out in June (the cheapest flights will be available in the January sales for this) or then wait until September/October time. However depending where you are going will help you decide about the weather - If you want to go to the north of the country then I would consider June to October and if it's the southern states then October onwards.

NWM

Archived