Instrument Technician requires A Grade Electrical Licence

Guest clarric2

Guest clarric2

Hi There,

I've seen lots os post relating to Electricians applying for A Grade Electrical licences who are already trained electricians but i'm looking for info from anyone who is an Instrument Technician. I am a qualified Instrument Technician with an HNC in process and control from Aberdeen Technical College in Scotland. Having worked as an Instrument Tech for 7 or so years in the oil and gas industry i went travelling in 2005 with a mate and ended up staying in Australia. I've been in Perth since 2007 and i'm now a permanent resident. I've been working in the drilling and completions side of the Oil and Gas industry since arriving in Perth in various engineering roles and have done no instrument Jobs. Basically i'm trying to get back into the instrumentation side of the industry but every job i look at requires an A Grade Electrical Licence. It seems everyone has a dual trade over here in electrical/instruments.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to gain an A grade electrical licence? Can this be done at night classes?

Any info would be much appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Archived