New to Berwick from Uk

Guest Yvonne Sollitt

Guest Yvonne Sollitt

Hi,

We arrived in Australia 27/06 and moved to Berwick a week or so ago. Husband working in Pakenham, daughter in yr 11 at Berwick Secondary College. Really would like to meet up with anyone in area who's done this already, want to get into life before the summer arrives and although I will be working (I hope) would like to find new friends.

Yvonne

Guest Yvonne Sollitt

Thanks for that, I've looked at the forum and want to post but for some reason I cannot. Seems I haven't got the hang of this yet. I've used 3/5 attempts at logging in, don't want to get locked out. Yet I'm logged in here ok??

Hi Yvonne,

Welcome to Berwick!

We have lived in Berwick for over 2 years now after moving from the UK. We currently live on the Chase Estate. if you want to meet up for a chat sometime let me know. There are a lot of Poms around and I can puy you in touch with quite a few of them.

Sue

Guest Yvonne Sollitt

Hello Sue, thanks for the message. I would like to meet up, feel I need to get out a little and know a bit about the village. Is there a time I could maybe meet you for coffee, not sure if you work. I am near Berwick Secondary College so one of the cafes in the village might be good.

I am pretty flexible at the moment although have started to look for work. Would be good to hear your experience of the move.

Yvonne

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Yvonne,

Iv'e wanted to reply to you since I saw your post. I am new to this site and it was only my husband bumping into an English electrician at the post office that gave us the information to this site. I only became a member a week ago and when I have had five minutes Iv'e had to try and find this message that you posted. We, that's my husband, myself and two sons arrived in Berwick on 15/06 and live on the Bryn Mawr estate, very close to Berwick school. My youngest son is in yr 10 at Berwick Secondary College. I am in the same position as yourself and would love to find some new friends, not only looking for new friends but a part-time job as well!! If you are available would love to meet up for coffee and a chat.

Gail

Archived