sunburn

mandy1963

Hi Everyone,

Do any of you have any handy advise that i can use to take the sting out of my red raw sunburnt back.

I did some weeding on tuesday,and the sun kept going in and out,i forgot to put sunscreen on(i know that was stupid),and once i had started the weeding,i really got into it and just did not dawn on me that i was burning,it did not feel like i was,and like i said, i was enjoying the whole gardning thing.

I noticed when i had a shower that i had caught the sun,but it did not seem that bad.But it is getting worse,it is still burning and stinging,i cant put anything on it, as soon as something touches my back it feels like a bloody blow torch on my skin.Standing in the shower helps as the feel of the water on my back feels like its putting out the fire,and this is day 2 of just wearing a light weight dressing gown,as i cant get dressed the pain is so great.I cant sleep very well as i have to keep off my back,so as you can tell by all of this i am in a bad way.Please no telling offs about the sun screen,i have learnt my lesson,and i will wear it forever from now on.

I just need a cure for the stinging as it is so painfull,and i cant touch it to rub anything on it.

Can anybody please help this stupid fool:unsure:

Get some Aloevera spray (the green bottle) its the best thing ever. Keep it in the fridge and apply in every hour or as soon as the stinging starts again. I once went to the Reef and got so burnt the pharmacy recommended it and now this is all I use I never but aftersun anymore.

Get some ASAP!

Em x

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Aww hun Ouch

Go to the chemist & get something with tea tree oil or aloe vera in it should help take the sting out or even ask them what they would recommend. I havent bought anything over here as of yet as I brought aftersun with me. I know how you feel my back is burnt with 2 days outta 3 at the beach that was with cream on its easy done.

Janette

Thanks for that,the spray sounds good as i cant touch my back.

Now all i have to do is wait for the pain to ease enough so i can put some clothes on,then its off to the chemist:spinny:

Thanks again for the advise,i feel so stupid,its not like they dont remind you enough about the dangers of the sun out here,then i go and do that,what a plonka:biglaugh:

Hi Mandy,

I know this sounds really really silly BUT when on holiday in Tenerife my daughter badly burnt her legs and couldn't even walk properly. An old Spanish man told us to put Egg Yolk on to her sunburn, then let it dry in. We did this and her sunburn instantly stopped hurting and had gone down a lot by the next day.

I know it sounds awful but it worked for her!

April

Hi Mandy,

I know this sounds really really silly BUT when on holiday in Tenerife my daughter badly burnt her legs and couldn't even walk properly. An old Spanish man told us to put Egg Yolk on to her sunburn, then let it dry in. We did this and her sunburn instantly stopped hurting and had gone down a lot by the next day.

I know it sounds awful but it worked for her!

April

Hi April,

Thanks for that idea,my daughter sent me a text to let me know one of her friends puts natural yogart on when they get sunburnt,but we have the issue with the flies here,and i think if i put food on i will get covered in them,i also have the problem that i cant touch it to put anything on.I think i will go and get the spray that was sugested,that sounds less painfull.I hope tomorrow i can stand the pain enough to get dressed and go to the chemist and get some.

You have all this to look foreward to,bet your looking foreward to your big move,you will love it here.Just remember the suncream:biglaugh:

Take Care

Mandy

Guest jogrant3232

Hi Mandy

Aloe Vera is the best for sunburn. Its quiet expensive but well worth getting in. You will feel the relief instantly

Guest afiyafifi

Aloe vera best one is 100% aloe vera get it from health food shops , I swear by it , i burnt my self with cup of tea and put it on worked wonders its a brill moisturizer as well . my friend works for a company that sells it and it works on everything , she has got me drinking it for my ibs its horrid but works ... karen

Archived