Emigrating to Australia and need treatment for Endometriosis

Guest katieb14

Guest katieb14

I’m not entirely sure whether anyone can help me but I’m a little stuck on where else to get advice.

I suffer with endometriosis and am treated here in the UK. I am currently in the process of emigrating over to Australia but seem to have hit a wall with information on getting my treatment once I get there and I wondered whether you know what the process is for people that are emigrating.

I am treated with a 3 monthly injection and have a bone scan yearly. I am trying to find out whether similar treatment is available when I get to Australia and whether this is covered by Medicare or Private Health Insurance? If it isn’t covered by either what are the costs associated with getting the treatment I need and when I arrive in Australia how do I go about getting my treatment?

Any information you can provide me with would be much appreciated or if you know where I can find this information that would also be helpful.

Thanks

Katie

I’m not entirely sure whether anyone can help me but I’m a little stuck on where else to get advice.

I suffer with endometriosis and am treated here in the UK. I am currently in the process of emigrating over to Australia but seem to have hit a wall with information on getting my treatment once I get there and I wondered whether you know what the process is for people that are emigrating.

I am treated with a 3 monthly injection and have a bone scan yearly. I am trying to find out whether similar treatment is available when I get to Australia and whether this is covered by Medicare or Private Health Insurance? If it isn’t covered by either what are the costs associated with getting the treatment I need and when I arrive in Australia how do I go about getting my treatment?

Any information you can provide me with would be much appreciated or if you know where I can find this information that would also be helpful.

Thanks

Katie

http://www.ecca.com.au/treatment

Good luck :biggrin:

I'm glad you have asked this question, we are looking toemigrate, but I am waiting to have surgery for Endometriosis as I have 2 largecysts. Have you applied for migration, as I was wandering if this would cause aproblem with the application.

Archived