Found out pregnant while on working visa

Guest lucymiranda

Guest lucymiranda

Just looking for some advice or help,

I have been here about 5months now and been in a relationship with my partner (Australian) for 4months and recently found out I am pregnant, I am only 4-5weeks so not far but do not want to abort I would like to keep it, I plan to go do my farming for 3months in september to gain my 2nd yr visa but wondering if being pregnant affects my chances of getting a 2nd visa.

Would be grateful if someone had some advice

thank you

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I would have thought it would help you having a baby to an Australian and surely your child would be automatically allowed to stay in Australia with you I presume, congratulations on being pregnant.

You need to speak to a Registered Migration Agent - as you will have a problem with your visa when the baby is born - as you can not be in Australia with a Dependent on a WHV. Because the baby will be a Australian Citizen when born - Im not sure were your visa status will stand.

Depending where you are in Australia - you should register your relationship with your partner - and then you could apply for a Partner Visa - registering your relationship will waiver the 12 month relationship requirment.