taking a older dog?

jodi73red

hi there

hope someone can help with my question . We have a 11yr old staffy who means the world to us and of course we want to bring him to Australia with us. he was a rescue dog with many homes before us so giving him up is not even a option for me. As there is so much planning and forethought going into getting him ready to go I was wondering where the pet transport companies stand on if something happens to him and he passes away before he is ready to go??

hope someone can give me advice thanks :)

There are many threads about bring the pets and many pet lover members, I hope someone can help you soon. Its the weekend here so a lot of people are out and about and not on the forum. Its lovely weather this weekend.

In the meantime have a search through the pet threads there may be information that can help you in them.

IF He is "fit to fly" ...................Bring Him.............You will not regret it! My Doggie was 19...........I didn't bring her in the end and she passed away 6 months later so 11 should be no problem and you don't pay the balance till 6 weeks before.............Book it :) All the best

If you think he is fine to fly then bring him! i bet he loves it over there :) we also have a 11 year old staffy but he wont be coming with us if we leave, he isnt fit to fly and it wouldnt be fair on him. but he'll have a great life lying on the couch all day at his grans house!

Get in touch with one of the pet shipping companies, you need to get his rabies jag done asap because i think it holds things up

If you think he is fine to fly then bring him! i bet he loves it over there :) we also have a 11 year old staffy but he wont be coming with us if we leave, he isnt fit to fly and it wouldnt be fair on him. but he'll have a great life lying on the couch all day at his grans house!

Get in touch with one of the pet shipping companies, you need to get his rabies jag done asap because i think it holds things up

why is it you staff is unfit to fly?? yes i am looking into all we need for him to travel... cant imagine not taking him :)

why is it you staff is unfit to fly?? yes i am looking into all we need for him to travel... cant imagine not taking him :)

He has a slight heart murmur and gets very stressed out really easily. Any loud noises - fireworks etc even those banger things that go off to scare crows freak him out. Dont cope with heat well either - even our "summer". We and everyone else who knows him just think it would be really unfair on him and tbh i dont think the vet would let him anyway. Our female is a bit younger and more outgoing but she doesnt like being seperated with our male so we dont know if its fair to seperate them. I really dont want to leave either of them but i know we cant take the male, its just not a option :cry:

I would never leave them if they didnt have a good home - i couldnt take them to a dog home, it would break my heart! Luckily Daves mum will keep them, thats where they've lived for nearly a year now when we moved back with our parents. She totally spoils them and they love lying at the fire or on the couch and going their walks to their usual places! Really wish i could bring them though, it would help me settle so much more.

If your staff is fit then definitely take him, it'll be so much better!

Guest Guest26012
hi there

hope someone can help with my question . We have a 11yr old staffy who means the world to us and of course we want to bring him to Australia with us. he was a rescue dog with many homes before us so giving him up is not even a option for me. As there is so much planning and forethought going into getting him ready to go I was wondering where the pet transport companies stand on if something happens to him and he passes away before he is ready to go??

hope someone can give me advice thanks :)

Hi, we brought our dog, think he was almost 9 when he came? He was fine and enjoyed his time here! He's passed now but I would do it all again! X

Archived