which airline extends return dates after booking ?

Juliep

Singapore - we booked direct with them, then changed both inbound and outbound flights, no probs. In bound date change limit of 12 months from outbound flight. Obviously you pay the difference if the flight increases - we changed ours by a few months and incurred no charge.

Guest AKA63029

Hi matey.

'Most' airlines will change the details of a flight, admittedly though with maybe an extra charge(s).

Have you also thought about an 'Open Return' ticket?

Cheers Tony.

Hi matey.

'Most' airlines will change the details of a flight, admittedly though with maybe an extra charge(s).

Have you also thought about an 'Open Return' ticket?

Cheers Tony.

I don't know if you can still get these type of tickets. I certainly did when I came over the to UK, but when I enquired about this recently was told it doesn't happen anymore. If you can get an open return from a particular airline, please do advise! :)

Guest AKA63029
I don't know if you can still get these type of tickets. I certainly did when I came over the to UK, but when I enquired about this recently was told it doesn't happen anymore. If you can get an open return from a particular airline, please do advise! :)

I can only tell you what I know matey, but I'm flying with China Airlines on the 5th August and I have got an open return, having said that I'm not even sure I will arrive with said Airline.:shocked::biglaugh:

I'll have a squizze for you online and see if I can find anything matey.

Being an 'anorak' I have several airline sites 'Bookmarked'.:embarrassed:

Cheers Tony.

Guest GeorgeD

I've changed flights a couple of times with Emirates...the most last minute one was 4 hours before the plane was due to take off, I had already checked in online (and the check in desks at the airport were already open by this point!) Admin fee was GBP75 (I had booked my flights from the UK), and if the same fare class wasn't available I would've had to have paid the difference also, but therrwere seats so I only paid GBP75 to move my flight back a couple of days. It wasn't a problem for them.

Almost every airline has different types of fares. The cheapest ones are the least flexible. when looking at the fares, most websites you can click on the fare type and a window will pop up detailing the fine print about that fare type (what changes/refunds are possible, fees and conditions for changes etc).

So it's not a case that for example singapore will always let you change your flights but virgin won't. They both have different levels of fare with different fees and flexibility.

Guest GeorgeD

Following on from RockDr's advice about different fare types...this is true and the devil is in the detail. the flights I cahnged with Emirates were at the lowest price fare, and least flexible...the cost to change was less if you had paid more for the flight. That Emirates flight was also actually 3 flights one after another, but the cost to change was just the one off GBP75. Virgin Australia changed a flight for me from Sydney to Brisbane recently, from a Sunday to Friday...I had to pay $80 admin fee plus an extra $200 as the seats were mor expensive. It was actually only $30 more expensive to pay for another ticket instead! So yes, it's possible with pretty much evey airline, but costs will vary even between different tickets sold for the same flight.

Archived