Moving to Australia

KatieLemon

Hiya, Im 16, just left school and for a while now my mum and dad have been wanting to move to Australia after we went on holiday there in 2007, and yes i loved it there but cant really remember that much now. Anyways, we couldnt go to live because none of them had a skill, but my mum has recently graduated as nurse, so we're now currently sorting the house out and my parents say we could be gone this time next year.

Im excited and do want to go, but i am really really anxious :daydreaming: I mean, its a long long way away, im not too fussed about leaving friends cause i know i can always make new ones, but the main reason is my grandma, cause i love her too bits and its gonna kill me to leave her. It does make it easier we have family in australia though.

So id just like to hear peoples stories, preferably people my age that have moved and what they think of life down under.

Thanks xx

Hey :) I'm Hayley and I'm turning 16 .. I might not be of much help to you as we're not moving until September but it's nice to be able to meet others :) What part would ye be moving to ? I'm sorta in the same situation .. My nana is really upset about the whole situation and she'll be the hardest thing to leave behind :/ .. I can always make new friends :) x

Hiyaa! Well im not moving til next year, i think we're moving to Canberra or somewhere around that area wbu? and i know its horrible thats the hardest thing, when we first mentioned it last year she was reallyyyyy upset :/ and yeah i know thats what i thought can always make new friends so im not as bothered about that part x