Rental In Melbourne, Please Help!!

Guest suey

HI Everyone,

We're really struggling to find rental accomodation in Melbourne, can anyone help?? We've found a couple of websites but were wanting your reccomendations for a 1-2 weeks rentals for a family with 3 young boys aged 6,3 & 1. We're emmigrating on 30thJan just need somewhere to stay for a couple of weeks to get ourselves sorted. Been looking to eventually settle in Frankston South, but obviously don't want to get tied into a 6month lease without checking other areas out. Were did you all stay when you first arrived?? Oh my God really getting very anxious now and once again those doubting thoughts are in again, why do we put ourselves through this?? well hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

Sue, Glenn & boys :unsure::goofy:

Guest dwaldron

If it's only 1-2 weeks then you will need to shack up in a hotel or serviced apartment, you are not going to get a rental for such a short period. In fact, my experience has been that you will have difficulty in getting a six month lease, we could only get 12.

Guest Andy Thomas
HI Everyone,

We're really struggling to find rental accomodation in Melbourne, can anyone help?? We've found a couple of websites but were wanting your reccomendations for a 1-2 weeks rentals for a family with 3 young boys aged 6,3 & 1. We're emmigrating on 30thJan just need somewhere to stay for a couple of weeks to get ourselves sorted. Been looking to eventually settle in Frankston South, but obviously don't want to get tied into a 6month lease without checking other areas out. Were did you all stay when you first arrived?? Oh my God really getting very anxious now and once again those doubting thoughts are in again, why do we put ourselves through this?? well hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

Sue, Glenn & boys :unsure::goofy:

Hi Sue

Have a look at our website, all of our properties are within 10 mins drive of Frankston South and two are available at the end on Jan. We also have an arrangement with one of the largest real estate agencies for unfurnished rentals so you can start your search before you arrive.

Andy

Hi every-one we are leaving the u.k. on the 30th of january and are struggling to find accomodation, there are only the two of us my o.h. and me, were heading to south of adelaide, any help would be most appreciated..:unsure:cheers jaki and ed

Hi Suey

Have you thought about a caravan park. If its only for a few weeks, I am sure you will survive. Lots of people actually live in them. All that you will need is bedding. Everything else is provided. Also they have what I call Chalets, which have living room kitchen bedrooms etc. It might be tough with children, but it will give you a chance to look round and not rush into anything.

Good luck

Celia

Hi,

We arrived in Melbourne on 31st Jan and are staying in Patterson Lakes for 4 weeks before we find more permanent residance. We are staying in the Marina Getaway. We can highly recommend it, the lady who owns it has several properties. they overlook the marina, there is also a good sized swimming pool, gym and only a stroll from the shops. There is also a great playground around the corner which my 2 year old loves to play in. Take a look, we think its fantastic.

Home - Marina Getaway

• 4 months later...

Archived