Holiday to validate PR visa

DBC

Hi all,

We are in the final stages of getting our pr visa and are currently in Melbourne on a 457 visa.

Once we are told, we need to leave the country to get our visa so need to find a holiday of sorts - never been a problem in the UK but we moved here to explore Oz so don't really want to spend a fortune on a foreign trip!

Back in the UK it was easy to find a cheap-ish week away in a nice hotel, all inclusive etc but I cannot find anything similar here - I've spent hours on the internet so wonder if I'm missing some good sites that people might use?

We have a 13 month old so would prefer a direct flight from Melbourne and don't really want to go to Bali, and we've been to NZ recently.

Any help appreciated!

As you are going through with your PR hopefully you can answer my question.......

We too have been told that the last part of getting PR is leaving the country then trying to come back in to validate visa.

We have also been told that there is a risk that once you leave if they dont except your PR you can not come back into the country even to collect your bellongings?

Is this true or is it just something that has gone round the block and come out different??

Thank you.

P.S well done for sorting your PR :-)

I've never heard of that to be honest - sounds pretty awful! If they didn't accept ours then we still have a 457 and I see that you're in Sydney so I assume that you're in the same boat? The 457 will stand until a new visa (i.e. the PR one) is granted.

We're going through an agent and he said that once they ask you to leave then the visa is all but ready.

Guest Guest26012

Some friends of ours had to leave oz and re- enter for their pr but only when diac told them to do so.

Yes, that's the frustrating thing - we would love to know when it'll be granted as we can't book anything until then! I can only fly up until the beginning-ish of December as I'm pregnant so hoping they hurry up!

Archived