Any families up for meet up in Perth?

Hi newypomme, Welcome to Oz! We are also both 40 with 8 year old daughter and 4 month old son and have been here 16 months.

We live in Southern River which is not too far from you.

I am a stay at home mum so if you want to meet up, please get in touch x

yip how r u finding oz ?

Hiya,

I have to be honest, its Beautiful, but we are finding it difficult, with our daughter still in the uk, and the boys miss their friends and family, as do we, but you feel their pain worse :sad: We want to remain positive though, and give it our best shot :cute: How have you found it ?

Hi! CKR, Thanks :biggrin: yes, that would be great, its prob best to organise meet through pm, but I am new to this site and not sure how to do it, maybe u know? Are you enjoying Oz? Did you settle quite soon, or is it an ongoing process ? I'm sure it prob takes time :biggrin:

Edited by newypomme

Hi,

We are loving oz! It does take a while to settle but luckily we have met some lovely friends and neighbours and that definitely helps. My daughter settled in really well into her school and hardly ever mentions any of her UK friends now.

Skype has really helped as we can talk to grandma so she can see her growing up and has said how different our daughter is - so full of confidence and outgoing when she used to be shy!

We have just started building a house and have no plans to return to the uk, our family would prefer to come here to visit for a holiday anyway which is good!

Will send you my phone number so we can arrange to meet up x

Hi,

We are loving oz! It does take a while to settle but luckily we have met some lovely friends and neighbours and that definitely helps. My daughter settled in really well into her school and hardly ever mentions any of her UK friends now.

Skype has really helped as we can talk to grandma so she can see her growing up and has said how different our daughter is - so full of confidence and outgoing when she used to be shy!

We have just started building a house and have no plans to return to the uk, our family would prefer to come here to visit for a holiday anyway which is good!

Will send you my phone number so we can arrange to meet up x

Ah thats lovely news - you have really settled well :cute: you've got yr hands full with new house on the way! Thanks for number, a pop up just came with it - but not sure where it has gone now lol! I'm not good with computers! lol!! I'm sure it will come back though, when it does I will ask my OH to help me open it! ...fingers crossed.... xx (I will let u know if it doesnt re appear - sorry! ) x

Maybe we could all get together on the Rockingham Foreshore one afternoon? Nice playground for the kids and plenty of coffee shops! :biggrin:

Yey! sounds like a brill idea (sorry I havent text or called you yet, been wondering what to plan/suggest) My OH is on call this weekend, but how about next wk end? Does that suit you guys? and you too? (the Waltons) ? xx

Yes that looks fine. Let me know if you start tearing your hair out before though, there a couple of good shopping centres (Phoenix and Gateways) near where we can have a coffee during school time! Have you been out and discovered many places yet? x

Yes that looks fine. Let me know if you start tearing your hair out before though, there a couple of good shopping centres (Phoenix and Gateways) near where we can have a coffee during school time! Have you been out and discovered many places yet? x

Brill! - Waltons are busy sat, but can do sun :cute: Start tearing my hair out? - Ive got 3 kids! - already done that! lol!! no, seriously, only joking!! love them to pieces :biggrin: but when they're in school, a nice coffee sounds bliss!! Next Tues or Weds is good for me, if you like ? I will text you my number now, and I will text it to Waltons, and maybe we can all meet tue or wed? or if prefer to leave it till the sunday, thats fine. We have been to a couple of beaches, Heathcote park (great for the kids) kings park and only to the city couple times. Oh and Caversham wildlife park and zoo. Had some nice walks along river too. We've only just got a reliable car, so only venturing out and about quite recently, also had so much to sort out - its mad isnt it? lol! I don't know where Phoenix shopping centre is, where is that? Is Gateways the one in Cockburn? it prob is, if so its just up the road from us, but I will travel to the other one (as long as I got postcode and address for my sat nav I'm ok :cute: lol!) I had to use it for the first 3 wks kids were at school! there and back home! (got NO sense of direction!) Where are your fave places? x

Yep thats cool, just checked with OH. Weds morning first thing is better for me, got rent inspection on Tuesday and I like to be here for them, and mums and bubs swimming class wednesday late morning!

Phoenix Shopping Centre is near Spearwood which is not far from you and yes, Gateways is at Cockburn.

When we got here we literally got in the car and drove up the coast stopping anywhere we fancied, but of the beaches, we mainly go to Coogee Beach as they have a kids playground which daughter loves! Also local shopping centre Carousel and we go into Perth on the train quite often.

Caversham Wildlife Park is good although just kicking back and having bbq and footy in Whitemans Park is great too! :smile:Hubby keeps threatening to take us to the Tractor Museum there! Also really enjoyed Freo Prison although I think which tour guide you get helps. The first one we had was very good and even my daughter enjoyed it, but when we went back with friends, that guide spoke in a really bored voice and the experience wasn't the same.

Adventureland near you is one of our favourite places, you can spend all day there enjoying the water rides but take a picnic! The fast food there is pricey and we personally did not enjoy it :sad:

Thanks for your number, let me know if Weds first thing is ok and we can arrange a place to meet xx