What proof do we need to provide on an eVisitor Visa

miraclebabycaw

ok we are leaving to go to Oz on a 176 Visa in December. My mom (aged 75) is wanting to come with us to assist looking after the kiddos whilst we do some running around etc looking for work/places to stay etc. I need to apply for a 3 month eVisitor visa for her but was wondering what documentation she needs before hand to apply. Obviously we are not settled there yet so not sure if it's like a tourist visa where she needs to provide proof of means to support herself, a letter or what? Any help would be appreciated? Don't want to start the online application, then find I'm missing information. Anyone think it ok to apply now or should I wait for our tickets to be finalized first?

Thanks

You don't need to provide proof of anything. It is very simple and quick to get approval online. I did it in order to get my skills assessed in Oz. I had the approval email within minutes. It is all automated. Thing may be different if you have an SA passport. Not sure if it is considered a high risk country. If you have a UK passport then just do it.

Below is a link for countries which can get an ETA visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/eta-eligible-passports.htm

Guest GeorgeD
Anyone else confirm this?

With a British passport all she needs to do is apply for the eVisitor visa online. No documentation, no other medical or police checks or info. My 75 year old Dad did his first one last year no problem (took 10 days to process tho!) and he redid it this year (now 77) and it took about 24 hours to come through.

It's also free...if she is being charged then it's either the wrong visa or she's applying through an agent who is charging for the service which is free direct with the government.

it doesn't matter where she is or where she's travelling from...as far as DIAC as concerned, there are only two places in the world, Australia and everywhere else. The visa depends on her passport, not her location currently.

Brits used to use the ETA, but this changed in Oct 2008 when the eVisitor was created. British passport holders can't apply for the ETA any more.

awesome thanks guys. Whew here I was worrying about what documentation I needed to get for her. That's great. I will do her application now so I can book the tickets all together. It's so ridiculous that ours will cost nearly as much as hers and ours is one way :( .... oh well

Archived