Still waiting, June 2011

Kellex

Hi All

Have not been on the site for a while, we applied for a 176 visa for VIC back in June 2011.

We had a CO assigned fairly quickly and were then required to both complete form 80 which we submitted quickly and we have not heard a thing for months.

We have emailed DIAC a couple of times and only response we get is it's being processed so we seem no nearer to medicals or police checks which we have not done yet.

Just wondered if any one else is in the same boat or if anyone could offer any advise?

It's very frustrating and it seems alot of people that applied the same time already have their visas.

Hi All

Have not been on the site for a while, we applied for a 176 visa for VIC back in June 2011.

We had a CO assigned fairly quickly and were then required to both complete form 80 which we submitted quickly and we have not heard a thing for months.

We have emailed DIAC a couple of times and only response we get is it's being processed so we seem no nearer to medicals or police checks which we have not done yet.

Just wondered if any one else is in the same boat or if anyone could offer any advise?

It's very frustrating and it seems alot of people that applied the same time already have their visas.

This is a very strange (and unique) situation unless you are from a very high risk country like say Bangladesh. Most of the people that applied for 176 state sponsored visa's in May of 2012 have already got their visa's and some of the June 2012 have also got theirs. The fact that you are a year in the process is very odd.

Personally I would phone the main immigration center (0061 1300 364 613 Adelaide processing) with your TRN number and you would have to do it at some strange hour on your side but I really think it would be worth it. The usual turn around time for a 176 visa with no major issues is about 6 to 12 weeks currently from date of application and about 2 to 6 weeks after the CO has been assigned to your case.

Thanks for the reply Dazz

We are both British, my husband has worked in some high risk countries which maybe why it's taking so long!

We have provided lots of evidence and information on his work in those places so it should not be too hard to confirm, he is also ex military so not sure if this has any bearing?

My husband is going to call them on Monday though so hopefully we may get answers

Thanks again

Btw were you instructed to do police checks and mess before you got a CO?

Archived