Accountancy Jobs - What are the chances?

nscott88

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, been on every day for a few weeks browsing all the posts! I'm hoping to head to Oz October 2013 (quite a bit away but want to be prepared!) I'm hoping to have £8k saved before going over. I want to start in Cairns, then go to Brisbane, be in Sydney for Xmas/New Year, then head to Melbourne and settle there. I initally didn't want to work until I got to Melbourne, but i think i might need to pick up something to tide me over etc.

When I get to Melbourne, what are the chances of me getting a decent accountancy job? I have worked in this field for 6 years (but don't have the qualifications) Ive worked my way up to quite a good position and on a good salary. What are the best agencies to go through?

Hi welcome to PIO.

Realisticlly without qualifications you won't get a job as an accountant. However you could look at roles in the finance areas of company's.

Without a crystal ball it's impossible to say how hard or easy you will find it in Oct 2013 to find these types of roles. If you want an idea of the number of roles available at the moment you should have a look at the job boards on Seek.

Good luck.

Archived