Toowoomba or Ipswich??

javi1979

Hi all!!

Need your thoughts. Looks like OH might be looking at getting a job in Toowoomba. We had hoped to get something in Brisbane and live in/around north west suburbs but looking unlikely now.

So our dilemma is to go for the toowoomba job and then within a year or two hope to get something in Brisbane. I think the commute from brisbane to Toowoomba is 1.5 hrs (anyone have any experience of this)? Which would be an absolute killer to do everyday so we were thinking either live in toowoomba which is gonna be out in the sticks or maybe move to Ipswich and he'd commute for just over an hour or so.

Anyond had any experience with brisbane to toowoomba commute?

If it were a choice of Ipswich or Toowoomba what would you recommend? We've got two young kids 1 and 3 so schooling is important. Want somewhere multicultural and good for a young family with nice housing and friendly atmosphere.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Javi x

Id go for the Lockyer Valley area on one of the land estates where your near to other families so dont feel isolated, there are a few nice little villages out that way and your still near to Ipswich City.. Just make sure its flood free land..

If i couldnt get a rental there id head to Flinders View area for a while until something came up, its a nice area and its right onto the highway.

Good Luck with everything and congrats on the job offer

Cal x

i live in toowoomba and me and my partner love it. theres everything you need here and its a small city and not too busy. wouldnt say it was out in the sticks :) we like it because we can pop to the coast at the weekend, 1.45 from gold coast 2 hours from sunny coast. really depends on what you want, personally i wouldnt want to live in brisbane, too much hustle and bustle. good luck :) xx

Hi,

We have lived in toowoomba for almost 12 months now and love it,We have to girls aged 9 and 2 and there's everything here i could possibly want!

Toowoomba is more like a city than a town and Brisbane,sunshine coast and the gold coast are not far away.

Feel free to contact me for any more info. :)

Archived