Employment history checks

DR Moving to Oz

Hi all,

Sorry to keep asking questions, the more i read on here the more questions pop into my head.

Do they check your employment history if so how?. Since leaving school i have been made redundant 3 times 2 of those companies no longer exist and one was took over by another company. So how do they get conformation from the companies that no longer exist and if they cant will it affect my application.

Thanks for your help with any advice on this

Daren

Guest crusty10003

when you apply for your visa you will have to provide written references from your previous employer/employers or a supervisor that worked for the same company.they will then contact that person to confirm that you where employed from such a date to such a date and what was your responsibilities where in that job.

some times they check and sometimes they dont...

I did not provide any references as didn't want to tip off my employer so stated that in my application and included copies of P60s and salary increase letters over the years to prove it all.

I also worked for 3 companies in the past that no longer exist but it was no problem.

I guess the more evidence you send to prove your years of work the less likely they are to check, they didn't contact my employer or any past ones.:wink:

If they do and your boss asks why just fob them off with "I applied for a holiday visa and they do random identity checks" !

Guest sparkymoc82

I have a similar problem. I am at the initial stages of the migration process and do not yet want to inform my employer. I hadn't thought of that though. I'll try and send some documentation to prove I was employed with the company and simply decide not to give references - see what happens.

Although I am applying through Skillselect and the governing authority who 'ok's' the skills/ work assessment is CPA (Accountancy body) and they clearly state that they want references/ contact number etc so its probably a long shot.

I really don't want to have to notify my employer that I'm thinking of migrating at this early stage.

I hope this isn't the end of the road for my skilled visa Oz dream.....................:no:

Thanks guys,

I'm not that fussed if the do contact my employer i'm pretty sure they know i'm going anyway (if i'm lucky enough to get a visa). I was just worried they would decline my application if they couldn't get in touch with past employers. I do have a reference from my last job that was for 12 years employment maybe i should forward it on to my agent.

Thanks again for you assistance

Archived