Job websites, agencies .....help pls

WAITINGGAME

Hi

We are currently planning the move over in September and currently sending resume after resume to companies in the Melbourne yellow pages :arghh:

We have also looked on seek, career one and jobrapio

Do you know of anymore websites, companies in joinery, cabinet makers and carpentry were I can try.

Thanks

Hi

We are currently planning the move over in September and currently sending resume after resume to companies in the Melbourne yellow pages :arghh:

We have also looked on seek, career one and jobrapio

Do you know of anymore websites, companies in joinery, cabinet makers and carpentry were I can try.

Thanks

I think you are being premature in contacting companies if you are not moving until September. Wait until a couple of weeks before you go and explain when you are available. If you contact them now, they will see you are not available for 2-3 months and will dismiss you and then you have to either write that one off or approach them again nearer the time and potentially feel awkward.

So stop looking ... enjoy your last couple of months in UK catching up with people before the move. :biggrin:

I think you are being premature in contacting companies if you are not moving until September. Wait until a couple of weeks before you go and explain when you are available. If you contact them now, they will see you are not available for 2-3 months and will dismiss you and then you have to either write that one off or approach them again nearer the time and potentially feel awkward.

So stop looking ... enjoy your last couple of months in UK catching up with people before the move. :biggrin:

Am too organised...lol...or try to be

Am too organised...lol...or try to be

Yes, I know it is hard to resist contacting employers. But I am sure that the more timely approach will work better, most people don't want to recruit that far in advance, being available almost immediately is a selling point you should use and you can only do that if you wait. I followed my own advice and worked for me.

Good luck.

Guest sh7t man no way

you may wish to find the names of agencys that employ joiners in the melbourne area,and register with them once you arrive--its best to pop into these agency's when there,and fill out all there paperwork--some of them do a heath/safety introduction--if your partner is working on construction he may need a saftey passport (state registered)--a lot of temp/perm/part time jobs are got by agency's--so its best to register with them to streamline any job offers

Archived