Help Needed From UK Forces Officers

Incata

Hi

Can anybody help/advise us? We now have a Case Officer for our visa and have been asked to provide a Certificate of Good Conduct for my husband who is in the RN. He has been told that as he is an Officer, these are not available.

Has anybody been in a similar situation? If so, what did you do? If my husband has got it wrong, where is the certificate to be filled in by the CO? Is it on JPA?

Alternatively, did you just have your CO write a letter?

Thanks

Carolyn

Guest Longtime Lurker

I am afraid I do not have the answer but thought would bump this for you.

As an interim measure why not get his CO to write something and confirm no military charges etc he is aware of? Get that, send it to the CO with a note to say officers are not issued with the certificates only OR's and whether the CO's testimony would suffice? In the meantime you might get a response from someone who has gone through the process. Good luck!

Guest fultonclan

Hi, we are in a similar situation, hubby is RAF and doesn't have a certificate of good conduct rather a excellent work reference which explains his good conduct. Our agent thinks this will be ok but has warned us that CO's differ from one to the next. Whereas one might expect his reference and another might not it depends who you get lol. So hubby may have to do some hunting around on JPA and see what he comes up with!

Rach x

Archived