186 - 5/19 - Grant/Visa NUmber when im on a 457?

jakc

Page 5/19 for applying for a 186

Grant number

Does this applicant have an Australian visa grant number? Does this applicant have an Australian visa grant number?

Does this applicant have an Australian visa grant number? Does this applicant have an Australian visa grant number?

• Yes
  • No

• This is the unique number assigned to your visa.
  • Your visa grant number would have been included in any correspondence you would have received from the department regarding the approval and grant of a visa. This may be the visa you were issued with when you first entered Australia as a permanent resident (migrant), or it may be any subsequent visas including a Resident Return visa. The visa may still be valid, or it may be expired.
  • Enter the 13 digit visa grant number of your most recent permanent visa.
  • If you cannot locate your approval letter, contact your nearest Australian visa office if outside of Australia, or an office of this department in Australia.

Visa number

Does this applicant have an Australian visa label in their current or previous passport? Does this applicant have an Australian visa label in their current or previous passport?

Does this applicant have an Australian visa label in their current or previous passport? Does this applicant have an Australian visa label in their current or previous passport?

• Yes
  • No

• This will usually be in the form of a stick-in label in your passport.
  • This may be the visa you were issued with when you first entered Australia as a permanent resident (migrant), or it may be any subsequent visas including a Resident Return visa. The visa may still be valid, or it may be expired, and it may be in your current passport or a previous passport.
  • Enter the first 11 characters only of your most recent permanent visa.

Im on a 457.

My employer applied for nominating me for a 856 and we have a nomination letter through.

Now, the above seem to be specific for permanent visas and not my 457 ticket that I have in my passport?

Q1 - I am not sure if I should be tapping in my 457 details for the 2nd question.

Q2 - From a 457 perspective, I do not actually understand the difference for these 2 questions.

bump.

So, if I am currently here on a 457, I believe I now know that the Visa Number is the long number at the bottom of my 457 label in my passport, beginning with V.

I am not entirely sure what my Grant number is, or if it even applies to my 457.

As quoted above - it says on the online application that it is 'a 13 digit visa grant number of your most recent permanent visa.'457 is not permanent for starters.

And looking at both my 457 label in my passport, and the original approval letter from IMMI, I can not find a 13 digit NUMBER.

Can anyone else help? Perhaps I leave this blank?

I went through an agent for my 457, and they no longer are around.

They did send me through some emails from IMMI, when my 457 was approved, but none havea 13 digit number on.

How should I proceed to find out my Visa Grant Number?

Archived