Credit in Oz

charlene

Hi all,

Does anybody know about how your credit history in the UK affects your credit in Oz? Do they check your credit in the UK? (i.e. has anybody left the UK and gone to Oz still owing money for unsecured loans (e.g. credit cards).

Charlene

Guest Summer

just be careful if u do a runner on Credit Cards they might come after you for the money you owe!!!!

It happened to my cousin who went to Australia and she had to pay it all back.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Does anybody know about how your credit history in the UK affects your credit in Oz? Do they check your credit in the UK? (i.e. has anybody left the UK and gone to Oz still owing money for unsecured loans (e.g. credit cards).

Charlene

Plenty of people do it, including someone we know, but with all the threads on people going home, wouldn't want to burn my bridges!

Jo

I know one family who filled a container with goods on a "buy now, pay later" scheme, arrived in Oz with the lot and openly flaunt their story!

I have sometimes wondered who the clever ones are!!!

BTW... they have been back to the U.K. and had no repercussions either!

Hi

I can imagine leaving your debt behind to be very tempting to some. It was a fleeting thought that even crossed my mind. However, I don't think its a good start to a new life. I'd rather pay up and not have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

Mandy x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michele'n'michael
Hi

I can imagine leaving your debt behind to be very tempting to some. It was a fleeting thought that even crossed my mind. However, I don't think its a good start to a new life. I'd rather pay up and not have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

Mandy x

I agree with that!! Michele:yes:

Archived