Taking your own car

stuffy123

Guest Ron & Chel

Hi Stuffy

I would say no we looked into it and its very expensive to take one with you there are shippig costs, import charges, tax, decontamination charges ,road worthy test charges, unless its a very beloved car i wouldnt but by all means ring an import comp in the uk they will give you some idea we were quoted to ship our toyota prev £1500 so we have now sold it and bought a little run around to use untill we go hope this helps Ron

Guest Tom the Pom
Thanks I just looked into it and it would cost about £2000 with regs, road worthy test , cleaning, Transport, so I think will just buy one overthere

Good point - there's stacks on Oz ebay. All price ranges are covered - as with all car purchases take care!!!

Hi Stuffy,

We spoke to our agent about this and she said NO WAY it is much cheaper to buy a car over there!

April

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Em & Rich

Hi

I'm new to the web site only discovered it a few weeks ago. Partner and myself got our visa approval on Christmas Eve. Have been looking into the option of taking my car as I was just thinking of shoving it in the container with our personal effects. Does anyone know how oz customs work out the value of the car, it's very confusing on their website! Got the packers coming on Friday so hopefully they may give me more of an idea on cost.

Em & Rich

Archived