119 Validation

spenner

Hi,

I'm in the final stages (hopefully) of my 119 visa app.

Just a bit amiss at the amount of time you have to validate your visa from the time of issue. I'm aware that the time allowed will be shown on the acceptance notice, but was wondering what kind of timescales people have been given recently.

For some reason, maybe after reading other threads, I assumed that 6 months was the given time, but my MA has just told me it's usually 3 months or sometimes 4, and this depends on what the CO decides.

It's not an issue for myself, I could travel over straight away. The thing is my wife has to give 3 months notice at work and understandably she's not giving her notice until the visa is granted. Just don't really want my wife to have to go to Oz to validate and then come back to finish her notice and then back to Oz.

By the way, she can't just "blob" on her notice, too many possible financial penalties.

Spenner.

Usually with PR visas it is 1 year from date of Medicals or Police Checks - maybe inform your CO of your wifes work commitments so that they can gove you a bit longer. It states that you need to start work 6 months from arriving in Australia. Therefore cant understand why you would only get 3-4 months.

Archived