Deciding whether to bring both dogs

Guest rnfireman4971

Guest rnfireman4971

Hi all my name is paul and I am in the processing of transferring from the Royal Navy to the RAN. We have two dogs that would be coming over with us. However I was just after some advice of costs etc. We have researched several sites alreadyand trying now to decide if we can afford to bring both with us. A heart pulling decision I know but one of them wejust would not be able to live without.The dogs are a Jack Russell and a Spanish Water Dog (roughly Springer Spaniel sized, if not a little smaller).I would love to bring both, but questions we had are, can they be transported then quarantined together to cut down the costs??Anybodies input or experiences would be greatly appreciated as we are all over at the moment as what needs doing next etc etc etcMany Thanks Paul

Paul

There is loads of really good info all over Poms in Oz to help you out with this.

It is cheaper to take one dog, but cheaper per dog to take them both. Yes they can share in quarantine to keep costs down. Off the top of my head price would be around £5000 all in - flights, crates, quarantine blood work etc.

The key thing is to get the rabies work started as that has to be done 5-12 months before the flight date.

Have a look at our website and it is free to get a quote!

I hope we can help

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

Archived