Question about EOI and work experience

obxer7

It is looking highly unlikely that we will get out skills assessment back before the changes on the 1st July so will probably need to go to skill select.

My 2 questions are

come August I will have been teaching for 8 years, would people hold off til then to put in EOI as I will gain 5 more points.

also

do you need to pay for EOI or just when you submit the visa.

Thanks in advance

xx

Hi,

EOI should be free, you`ll have to pay for your visa when they invite you to lodge it. If I were you I would probably wait, don`t know how many points you have now but August is not very far and your chance to be invited increase with every point.

It is looking highly unlikely that we will get out skills assessment back before the changes on the 1st July so will probably need to go to skill select.

My 2 questions are

come August I will have been teaching for 8 years, would people hold off til then to put in EOI as I will gain 5 more points.

also

do you need to pay for EOI or just when you submit the visa.

Thanks in advance

xx

Apparently people will be able to update their EOIs up to the point when they're selected. So you can lodge an EOI as soon as you're able to, and then update the work experience in August to boost your points.

I also think that when you`re invited you have to lodge the application within some time frame...1 month? not sure:eek:

Unfortunately nobody knows when the first round of invitations will be issued:mask: but if you don`t reach the 60 points you won`t be invited anyway until you do.

I currently have 70 points, that is without waiting for an extra 5 points for my 8 years teaching and without going for SS. I suppose I could put in my EOI and if I get invited then fine, otherwise I can add my other 5 points when I get them, and maybe apply for SS too to boost my points. x

Archived